Thursday, January 12, 2006

first off. DON'T SMOKE! jeez people, you do NOT look cool. at all. ever. in no case does a cigarrette make ANYONE look cool. it even ruins frank sinatra. and for more on this, i provide you with a copy of my state news editorial.

I never thought I’d open up the paper that I so faithfully read every day at lunchtime to see step-by-step instructions for rolling my own cigarettes. In addition to this helpful little “how to” guide, I learned the facts behind buying cigarettes, and also read a nice story about A.P. Kryza’s personal smoking experiences. Thanks, State News!
I’m utterly disgusted with this piece on smoking. First of all, I can’t believe that a campus newspaper would promote a habit so nauseating, foul, and detrimental to human health. Devoting the front page of the MS&U section to the repulsive habit of smoking is great free advertising for cigarette companies and local stores like Campbell’s Smoke Shop. I am sure that they are pleased with this article, but is the State News pleased with the impression they are making with this feature?
Secondly, I absolutely loved reading about Kryza’s blood filled lungs and sphincter smell. I also really appreciate how he promotes smoking as a good way to “pick up chicks” and that “girls look really hot smoking.” I happen to think that I’m approachable and decent looking without a cancer stick hanging out of my mouth while I’m blowing carcinogenic fumes into other people’s faces, my breath and clothes reeking of smoke. And did anyone else notice that tiny little mention of marijuana towards the end of the column? Another fantastic, and this time, illegal, habit to be endorsing.
I’m really not looking forward to the next article about drugs—“Doing Lines.”


now i know it's a personal choice, just like everything else people choose to do recreationally. but come on, it's just a fucking stupid choice. every single time i see someone walking to class on campus or on grand river smoking, i have an overwhelming urge to just say very nicely "smoking sucks" or "you smell" or "don't smoke." i think i just saw one too many people smoking today. even pretty girls. so i got fed up. sorry for the rant.

so. i just got back from a meeting for Spartans Supporting the Troops, a newly formed club here at msu. i'm excited for all the cool things we'll be doing this semester. never was there a better cause. the soldiers we have addresses for are gonna be extra spoiled!! and talk about some girls with high aspirations...it's very exciting. in two weeks we are going to a local elementary school to have 1st graders make cards for the troops to send over. and we have fundraising opportunities coming up courtesy of my boss. we're having a booth at the spartan stampede, the perfect place to get some publicity. and lots of other fun stuff like rallys at college republican get togethers and whatnot. anyway, should be good times.

next, it's fucking 50 degrees outside. STOP TUCKING YOUR PANTS INTO YOUR STUPID FURRY BOOTS!!!!!!

and finally:
GaRT88 (10:35:14 PM): so i've been looking at your pictures, you seem to have a thing for your boobs, is this some sort of hobby of yours?

ugh. i blame that on Bart.

No comments: